The Department of Paediatric Surgery is a super-specialty branch dedicated to premium medical, surgical and rehabilitative care of fetuses, neonates, infants, children and adolescents. The hospital believes that children are not simply small adults suffering from the same diseases as adults. Rather, children have a different physiology, psychology, specific illnesses and require care by people with specialized knowledge, experience, and training for the best treatment.
The department has various subdivisions of Paediatric surgery - Paediatric Urology, Thoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, GI surgery, Plastic Surgery, Traumatology, Oncology, and Neonatal Surgery. It has latest equipment and technology, and houses trained paediatric surgeons to undertake advanced procedures like Organ Transplant, Paediatric Laparoscopy, Paediatric Bariatric Surgery, Endoscopy, Laser therapy and Fetal Therapy.
Paediatric Surgery department is committed to provide better care to the sick and investigate into their problems with empathy.
General Paediatric surgical conditions
- Paediatric hernia and hydrocele
- Umbilical hernia or Discharge
- Religious circumcision, Phimosis
- Neck masses/ swelling (lymphadenopathy, thyroglossal cyst, branchial cyst/sinuses, cystic hygroma)
- Torticollis Lymphangioma/ Haemangioma (disfiguring swelling since birth)
- Blood in stool (Rectal polyp, Anal fissure, Fistula in ano)
- Hypospadias, ambiguous genitalia
- Urolithiasis ( kidney, ureter and bladder stone)
- Hydronephrosis of kidney ( PUJ obstruction ,VUR, PUV etc.)
Paediatric GI surgery
- Acute abdomen (pain in abdomen due to surgical cause like appendicitis, Meckel,s diverticulitis, Malrotation, Intussusception, Intestinal obstruction, and perforation)
- Obstructive jaundice ( Choledochal cyst, Biliary atresia, Cholelithiasis)
- Ano-rectal malformation ( absent anal opening)
- Pyloric stenosis
- Abdominal wall defect (Omphalocele, Gastrochiasis)
- Intractable constipation
- Hirschprung’s disease
- Neonatal intestinal obstruction ( duodenal atresis, Jejunoileal atresia, NEC etc.)
Paediatric thoracic surgeries
- Esophageal atresia and tracheoesophageal fistulas
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH)
- Thoracic condition like empyema thoracis, lung cysts, Foreign bodies)
- Paediatric tumours ( wilm,s tumour, Sacrococcygeal teratoma etc.)
- Paediatric trauma
The Unit has achieved to create a well-equipped department to serve the patients, ending up with getting desired results.
- Dealing with children and Neonates with Congenital Malformations.
- 24 hour Neonatal and Paediatric surgery backup