The Department of Pediatrics provides comprehensive care to patients including curative, preventive and rehabilitative services under one roof. It was formed to restore and enhance the health of children, from tiny toddlers to adolescents, in the safe hands of the doctors specialized in paediatric treatment.
The department is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities required for paediatric treatment to give utmost medical care to children with immense warmth. Paediatric specialists and surgeons undertake critical medical procedures such as, blood transfusion for neonatal hyperbilirubinemia, bone marrow aspiration, liver biopsy, etc. The team is committed to delivering safe treatment to children, implementing the most advanced methodologies.
- State of the art neonatal intensive care
- Excellent Pediatric intensive care of International standard
- Rehabilitation care for cerebral palsy and neurological disorder
- Excellent neonatal and pediatric surgery
- Follow –up and developmentally supportive care of premise and low birth weight babies
- Pediatric subspecialty clinics e.g. gastroenterology, pulmonology, nephrology, neurology, hematology, cardiology etc.
- General pediatrics indoor services including facilities in private wards
- Out-patient services and round the clock pediatric emergency services by specialists
- Comprehensive preventive care e.g. daily immunization and child health promotion clinic
- Health and nutrition education including family health education
- Adolescent health care and counseling
- Play therapy
- Psychological assessment in child guidance clinic and therapy by trained clinical child psychologist
- State of the art tertiary care in NICU which includes ventilation, surfactant, exchange transfusion, phototherapy, parenteral nutrition etc.
- Excellent PICU with ventilators, cardiac monitors, facility for dialysis
- The department of Pediatrics has 90 General Pediatrics beds, 12 NICU beds consisting of level 2 and level 3 new born care, 5 high dependency PICU beds.
- Faculties with vast experience in their respective fields are providing state of the art services.
- Prof. A. K. Dutta received Outstanding Asian Pediatrician Award from Asian Academy of Pediatrics. He is also awarded fellow of Indian Academy of Pediatrics (FIAP) and National Neonatology forum of India (FNNF). He also received best teacher’s award and several orations. He has over 150 publications in National and International journals
- Prof. V. K. Gupta is an Eminent Neonatologist and former consultant and Head of the department of Pediatrics at RML PGIMER, New Delhi.
- Prof. M. P. Mahato is a senior Pediatrician having worked in various places of India and abroad. He has specialization in Pediatric Neurology.
- Prof. Shashi Bhushan has more than 30 years of experience in the Armed forces Medical services as specialist and a well-known Neonatologist having trained at All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Prof. Ranjit Ghuliani having graduated from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune subsequently did his post-graduation from Delhi University – Army Hospital R&R, Delhi Cantt. He has served in the Army Medical Corps for 35 years and a specialist for 25 years. He has vast experience in teaching and research.
- Dr. Subhash Chandra is an expert in infectious diseases and immunization.
- Dr. Gaytri Koley has experience in Pediatric Cardiology and is an expert in Pediatrics Echo cardiography.
- Center of excellence for teaching, research and patient care with state of the art equipment and facilities.
- Level 3 NICU care with facilities for ventilation, surfactant therapy, TPN etc.
- Pediatric and Neonatal surgical facilities by expert and experience super specialty surgeon.