The Department of Blood Bank at Sharda Hospital is a well-maintained division following the founding vision of righteous and ethical community practices. The specialized department is dedicated delivering blood & blood products like PRBC, Fresh Frozen Plasma and Platelet Concentrates. Since its establishment, the department has been offering 24*7 services to meet the needs of patients, hospitals, clinicians, as and when required.
The Blood Bank division is equipped with the latest and avant-garde equipment required for blood collection, donation and transfusion procedures. The division follows stringent quality control measures to eliminate even the minor possibility of any infection.
The blood bank also houses hygienic separate rooms for blood donation, refreshment, cross matching, serology and storage.
- Whole blood, PRBC, fresh frozen plasma and platelet concentrates.
- Jumbo pack platelets by apheresis machine.
- Screening of blood for transfusion-transmitted diseases.
- Adequate blood storage.
- Blood processing and separation by modern technology.
- Blood grouping and Coomb's test by ID gel methods.
Voluntary successful blood donation camps organized at regular intervals
Department runs round the clock 24 x 7 and blood along with its components are supplied as and when requested.
- Well maintained separate rooms dedicated for donation, refreshment, cross matching, serology and storage.
- Standardized and calibrated Donor couches, Blood collection monitors, components centrifuge, separate storage cabinets for tested and untested blood, deep freezers, platelet agitator, Apheresis machine to ensure safe blood transfusion practices.